Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Dynasonic MINT / what year?

Hi all:

My grandfather recently passed away and I was sent his Rogers Dynasonic Snare...It is mint condition with Serial Number 11818. It was even in the original box it was shipped in to a music store in New York City!

Any ideas on the age and worth?

5 X 14 COB ..thanks...DCR..I can take pics if needed

3 attachments
85.9 kB
76.3 kB
80.7 kB
Posted on 17 years ago

wogeboy...

Pics will of course be the order of the day here!... but ... given the info you have supplied:

The drum dates to approx. 1965... it should have 7 lines running around the outside of the shell, and it should have the "new" Swivo-Matic throw, not the Clockface. I have a MINT 1965 COB Dynasonic and it is serial number #7694. Yours, at serial #11818, falls in the same year, approx.

Worth/value are all over the place on drums from this era. The 7 line Dynasonic is the one to have though, and a 1965 COB in MINT condition could easily bring $500.00 to $800.00, give or take. I watched a MINT '65 sell for $1000.00 last year! I thought that was insane... but! ... you know how it goes in the vintage drum market: It's totally contingent on HOW MUCH the buyer is willing to pay, and/or HOW BAD the buyer wants it. Regardless,

That's a desirable drum and in a desirable year of manufacture. NICE sounding too by the way. Very BRIGHT and ARTICULATE.

Some pics would be nice!, and would help gauge condition.

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the info TommyP...I will take some pics tonight/tomorrow and post a few...thanks again!

Posted on 17 years ago

Definetely make sure you post some pictures I would like to see the drum.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Added a few pics- hopefully give you a better idea what I have. Any thoughts appreciated---

I just noticed the side of the box has a stamped date of May 25 1967 with the matching serial number next to it (on the label).

Posted on 17 years ago

wogeboy...

What's a couple years between friends?! :-) It can be difficult to precisely dial these in for an exact year, but two years is later than I figured on your drum. ( I thought it might be a late '65 ) Anyway,

It is a 5 line COB Dynasonic, and those are very common... there are a LOT of them around. HOWEVER!... because your drum is NOS and complete with the ORIGINAL BOX, value to a collector will remain high. It is a '67, and that is still a desireable year... ( it is also the year Buddy split Rogers! ) ... resale, if you were to sell it, would still be in the range I gave. Either way,

Nice drum... especially complete with all the original packing.

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here