Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Dynasonic help

I just bought this drum. I haven't received it yet, but according to this picture, it's missing the dyna frame and the frame guard. My question is - did all Dyna-sonics have a frame guard? How will I now what type it had? I have the Rogers book and looks like it could be 65/66/67. I bought it more or less unseen and now I know it's missing some parts, I'm a bit disappointed. But it was reasonably priced and located here in Oz. It's so expensive to get drums shipped from the US. I have seen the frames on eBay but never the guard. Not sure what to do now. Sell or keep as a first piece? I own a Rogers kit with no snare. At the moment it has a Puresound Blaster snare fitted.

Thanks very much for your time.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 17 years ago

Troutstudio,

Don Ross makes and sells these snare guards for your Dyna-Sonic. They sell for $30 each and are quality replicas of the most common Dyna-Sonic snare guard that you would want for your dyna. These are new items and are exactly like the Rogers guards. He puts them up on Ebay from time to time and I am sure if you contact him he will sell you them directly.

Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

For what it's worth, a friend of mine (and full time drummer) recently was given a similar drum to yours, also missing the frame. Although it's not the dyna sonic "thing", he has regular snares on it and it's his favorite snare drum.

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks so much for your posts, which made me feel a lot better! Is Don Ross a member here? How would I contact him if not?

Really appreciate the responses.

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 17 years ago

Troutstudio,

Don Ross's EBAY ID is [COLOR="Blue"]godaddy3[/COLOR]

if you have difficulty reaching him there let me know and I can get you his email. FYI the pictures of his snare guards look to have a brass tint, but they are not, they are chrome/steel color and match the snare.

Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks MikeJTone for FORCING me to join the forum - Ha! Yep. I still have the Dyna-sonic snare guards for sale. $30 ea. with free shipping if you contact me direct. You can visit my web site at:

http://dadgonebad.googlepages.com/

Be careful to copy the above URL exactly. My email address is also there. Besides Dyna snare guard info, other interesting stuff can be seen there.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here