Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Dw Duh!!!

I need some help here...

I have a DW "Workshop Series" snare. It's weighs a ton and I'm sure, made of brass. All black, with black hoops and nickel plated. I'm told this drum was available from DW for a short time, but was discontinued because it was outselling their higher end drums.

Anybody have any info on this drum?

I've run across only one other on ebay

Oh, and it's LOUD!!!

Thanks,

Stixofire

Posted on 16 years ago

Confusing... I found this http://pro-music-news.com/html/05/e30207dr.htm saying it was introduced in 2003.. but you can also find a bunch of posts from at least a year before saying the whole line was discontinued for the very reason you mentioned...

Very cool looking drum.

Not much help but I can sure understand your question?!?

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the help...yeah...seems I've seen an ad just like that, or...Maybe that's the one. One thing I'll tell ya..playing that thing was the first time I had a bass player say, "Hey man..that thing is LOUD!!!"

Oh well....think I'll check with DW. I hear they're pretty good at answering questions. Doubt they'd admit it was pulled for outselling their others, but I'll see what I can get out of them.

Keep if funky!

Stixofire

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here