Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Duct tape goo off Calfskin heads

Anyone have any advice on getting duct tape goo off calfskin heads? I've scratched all that I can off but the goo still remains. I might be out of luck, just wondering if any one has any ideas.

Posted on 17 years ago

terrycloth towel with a little bit of rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work, then get some lacquer thinner at the hardware store and GO OUTSIDE TO DO THIS...dab a little onto a towel and then rub it off. WARNING: Lacquer thinner is extremely volatile and it will absorb through the pores of your skin like a hot knife through butter and you will get a severe headache from it. So try not to get it all over your hands! But lacquer thinner will take almost anything off. Try not to get the calfskin too "wet" with whatever solution you use. Try to work quickly and just enough to take off the goop. Good luck.Mister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

O-Lugs, you are my guy. I feel like i should be paying you for all this. thank you. I'll try to post pictures after I'm done. It is an old ludwig marching bass drum.

Isaac

Posted on 17 years ago

No problem. I'm glad to help. The thing about calfskin is...it's SKIN! I have actually sewn torn calfskin heads back together by wetting them a bit to get the skin pliable and then stitching! You could even "tattoo" calfskins! (Hey....tattooed calfskins....hmmmm...)

If anyone reads this and then goes out to make a million dollars tattooing calfskin heads for the custom drum market, then don't forget me! singer

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here