Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

DUCO Projects?

I've always loved the looks of the vintage duco kits! Although I've had several duco "orphans" (i.e., snare drums, bass drums, etc.), I've never been fortunate enough to own a complete duco kit in nice condition.

Some time ago I picked up a 3-ply Slingerland kit (22/12/13/16) that had been re-wrapped (tape method) by a prior owner. My plan was to use it as my beater kit for practice purposes. However, I really like its sound and I've been using it more and more lately. I'm considering having the wrap removed and having it painted as a duco kit assuming, of course, that it wouldn't prove to be cost prohibitive. I'm trying to determine whether this would be a smart move on my part.

I thought I'd first check to see if any of my fellow forum members are skilled enough to take on this type of project or if they might have a source they could recommend. Also, any cost estimates regarding an effort such as this would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance for your time and your help!

Posted on 9 years ago

Why not have a got at it yourself? You can achieve surprisingly good results with limited cost. All you need is patience and some practice and you will find the results highly rewarding. There are a few of us on this forum who have gone down this road and would be happy to share any advice or tips that you might need.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

1920s 14"x5" Ludwig Super Sensitive Dual Snare
1957 6 1/2" x15" Slingerland WMP Concert King
1938 8"x15" Leedy Broadway Standard
1947-53 14x6.5" NOB Ludwig & Ludwig Universal
...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 9 years ago

send me a message if you have any questions. ive been working on my duco spraying skills over the last few months and its got much better. you can spray a whole kit for hardly anything.

Hacksaw Custom Drums.
Spokane WA
BUY/SELL/TRADE
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here