Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Drums Of Our Idols

I find it extremly interesting learning where the drums of the legends are now.

Steve Maxwell has done a beautifull job collecting and making the stories and pictures available to everyone. I have what I am told is Buddy's last Fibes snare and I'm sure many of you have or know of many of the drums played by the greats. If you find this interesting lets hear from you.

Thanks for the opportunity to communicate with drum nuts like myself.

Rich N

Posted on 19 years ago

I agree, recently a Slingerland Red Sparkle Cozy Cole set sold on Ebay. It even had the cases. Let's see a pic of that Fibes Snare!

Posted on 19 years ago

First post to new forum

Carl Palmers old stainless steel set from the 1977 tour is owned by Ringo Starr.

Carls' solo with rotating stage ranks #1 in my books, it changed my life when

I realized I would never be the greatist drummer in the world! because I

would have to get past Carl P.!

Oh well I still have my day job!

P.S. Buddy Rich in 1979 ranks right up there as well.

Gary

Posted on 19 years ago

Fibes snares made for Buddy are interesting. Recently a Fibes snare that was made for Buddy was sold in a private sale. The drum came with documentation from Bob Grausso (one of the founders of Fibes). In this documentation he mentions that there were approximately 14 snares that they built for Buddy. I don't know anything about where any of these may be located, and have no idea as to how many survived. But, we know he used them. Don Osborne Jr is a friend of mine and his Dad, Don Osborne Sr, was President of Slingerland for several years when Buddy was their key endorser. Don says that his dad was routinely irritated at Buddy when he'd use a Fibes snare with the Slingerland set.

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here