Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Drum wrap coverings

Hi everyone I am in the process of restoring a mid 70's set of slingys Just looking for some feedback on which wraps are worth the money I was considering jammin sam. I was also considering the guy on ebay but my gut instinct is telling me no. I will be doing this job myself and sam seems the way to go thanks

Posted on 9 years ago

I bought some vintage sky blue Pearl wrap from Sam and it was cut perfect and a beautiful wrap. Some people speak well of Precision too.

Posted on 9 years ago

That is the exact color I was going to go with that is a very nice color

Posted on 9 years ago

Sam will ask a lot of questions... but will get it right...

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 9 years ago

Sam does a very good job and I have purchased several times from him. You should be advised that he will sell the tape installation method as THE way to install wrap.

Tape installation is much easier and it does work, however, the only kits on which manufacturers use this method are the entry level kits. Glue adhesion is certainly the "professional" way to go. If you opt for the tape method, I have found this one tip that will help keep the wrap tight. After installing the wrap, drill your first vertical row of lug holes, then peel back the protective clear layer and install the first set of lugs. Install lugs as you drill and there will be a little less movement in the finished wrap.

Sky blue pearl is a beauty for sure!

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 9 years ago

Looking to do a possible re wrap myself too.

Years ago I ordered some self adhesive wrap and it installed very easily and I was a first timer.

Would like to do a kit again with some self adhesive wrap as I don't really need this kit to have all the glue fuss.

Drum Foundry has such a limited color selection of wraps compared to Sam, I wish Sam had self adhesive wraps as I'm not sure about this tape system.

Anyone know of a wider selection of self adhesive wraps out there?

Found it!!
Posted on 9 years ago

Precision and Sam both buy from Delmar wraps, so the selection should be the same. Tape method is easier, but glue method is more permanent and will not buckle under adverse temps and handling.

Posted on 9 years ago

Looked at Precision too, tons of colors.

DrumFoundry wrap selection is very limited but they offer self adhesive backing as an option.

Maybe I just remove the ugly black wrap and lacquer the mahogany shells, but not sure yet...

Found it!!
Posted on 9 years ago

I've dealt with Sam for a long time now. Always good service and I get along very well with him! The wrap has always been cut correctly and is excellent quality. The tape method is easy, but I've always had issues with the seams eventually coming up a bit. Still, I recommend the tape method for certain drums...or budgets!

Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

Nothing wrong with the tape method.

Just don't gig your drums under the sun.

The wrap will expand like your grandmas bread dough.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here