Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Drum Keys Help

Hello. I'm a rookie at drumming so I do not know much about certain things. Such as keys. I was wondering if keys can be collectible, valuable, rare, or vintage? Also are there brands of keys? I have a few with no names on them and I don't know if it's because they just came with my cymbals or not. Thank you.

If they can be collectible... what is the price range?

You can call me Carter!
1980's Gretsch Red Rosewood
2000's Gretsch Catalina Birch
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Posted on 14 years ago

Bump bump please can someone answer my questions

You can call me Carter!

Posted on 14 years ago

To all your points, Yes...

I've actually met someone who collected

skate keys.

Another who collected marbles.

It's just a tool.

I received a powered screwdriver with a DW

bit over the holiday.

After all these years, I can change a drumhead in

under 5 minutes without, but hell.

Things change.

Still have a Ludwig, a Rogers, a Fibes, a Pearl, a Yamaha

and a Paiste.

Oh, and one that was hand made by a guy who restored

most of the decorative iron work in the White House.

You never know when the power might go out...

Yes Sir

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes vintage drum keys are very valuable, ludwig. leedy. leedy ludwig; ludwig ludwig. wfl,gretsch. slingerland, camco. george way, rogers, all of these are collectible, the slingerland, camcos and leedys bring good money,Jumping2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

what does it mean if they have no name on them... are they just a plain key?

You can call me Carter!

Posted on 14 years ago

NO,wfl drum keys alot of them don't have their name on it, now it hark ens to entry level equipment! most are of course a forum of advertising now,paiste, sabian. zildjian, i have drum keys from all of them,evans, and remo, also

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Warwormx,

In your case, a Gretsch key would be most desirable. They have always been one of my favorites. If you have a Gretsch snare, it would have a keyholder for this key. I don't know if this key is still available.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Stallwart

Warwormx, In your case, a Gretsch key would be most desirable. They have always been one of my favorites. If you have a Gretsch snare, it would have a keyholder for this key. I don't know if this key is still available.

on ebay slingerland and camco drum keys generally hold the record, and yes you can still get the lock in gretsch drum key

Posted on 14 years ago

From Stallwart

Warwormx, In your case, a Gretsch key would be most desirable. They have always been one of my favorites. If you have a Gretsch snare, it would have a keyholder for this key. I don't know if this key is still available.

I wish i had a Gretsch snare. All my drums are Gretsch except the snare. My snare is a PDP Platinum Series.

Also is there different sizes for keys?

You can call me Carter!

Posted on 14 years ago

Most keys are for square head tension rods and are fairly standard, although the keys themselves vary in size and weight. There are/were several keys for slot head rods from European drum companies, ie: Premier, Hayman, Trixon, Sonor, etc. Sonor seems to have had the largest diameter of those.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here