Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Drum Info Needed...

Hi everyone. This is my first post. First of all...I am not a drummer. That's why I need some help. A friend of mine(not a drummer either) gave me a set of drums. he had no room for them anymore, and he had no info on them. Here's what the are...A Bass Drum, Floor Tom, 1 mounted tom, Snare drum and stand, highhat cymbals and stand, 1 Cymbal and stand. The name on the kit is....Mica "Swingline" They look like they are all silver metal flake. It looks like an older kit, but is in very good shape. If anyone can give me any information on a Mica "Swingline" drum kit, i would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. JL-327.

Posted on 18 years ago

This would be considered a Japanese import set of drums.

Can you post a picture?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

This would be considered a Japanese import set of drums.Can you post a picture?David

Hi David. Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to mention the..."Made In Japan" on the badge(forgive me for not knowing the right drum lingo...I'm a Bass/Guitar player so please bear with me). I will TRY to post a picture in the next day or so.(not sure if I know how to do that). I'm basically trying to figure out how old they are, if they are a decent set, and what they are worth. Do you know what years they were made? Are they still making them? I know the cymbals and stands are pretty much junk, but the kit itself seems to have a good tone. I've been trying to get in contact with some of my drummer friends...to no avail yet. Thanks, JL-327

Posted on 18 years ago

They are not worth a great deal. Probably $100 - $200 if that.

The shells were poorly constructed with cheaper wood.

They are probably from the late 60's or early 70's.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

They are not worth a great deal. Probably $100 - $200 if that.The shells were poorly constructed with cheaper wood.They are probably from the late 60's or early 70's.David

Thanks for the info David. I appreciate it. I didn't think they were worth much. I'll just hang on to them for any rehearsal or jam session we might have in the basement. Thanks again...JL-327

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here