Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Drum Heads 1972 Rogers Londoner V???

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]I am almost through restoring this 1972 Rogers Londoner V kit, thanks to Bobby at the drumfarm. www.drumfarm.com. He was a big help. I am to the point where I need to start thinking about drum heads. I bought a vintage remo battered head for the snare, but I am clueless as to what to put on the toms. I know a lot of you are gonna say users choice, but I was just thinking that maybe for a certain style drum use a certain style head. This is the first time I have been on my own buying or building drums. The last kit I had was my best friends kit, we took a Tama rock star double bass kit and split it in half. Any ways, is there a preferred head for a preferred model? I hope I am explaining this right.LoLoLoLo

Just hate to get them all dressed up and put some bad sounding heads on such a wonderful looking kit. It would be like an old Buick, all beat up, with $10,000 worth of rims and tires on it.Laughing H[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

(That's Me)
http://www.ethanmilesband.com
Billy Pettit
Posted on 15 years ago

It depends on what kind of music you are playing, and what sound you are trying to achieve. I have an identical kit to yours right down to the year and wrap color, and I am really into using Remo white coated ambassadors top and bottom on the toms. Others put a Remo clear ambassador on the bottom, but I like the white against the black shells, and the sound is pretty much the same. You could do this on the kick as well, but would need to come up with some method to dampen the sound, either old school with felt strips or modern moongels.

Enjoy the drums, they are a sweet kit. I used to have many different drums, including round badge gretsches, and I am more than happy with the rogers kit I now have, and you will too!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here