Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Drouyn rack tom Drumhead odd size Q

G'day All

I have a 'slightly larger than 12"' Drouyn rack tom. The outer diameter of the drum is pretty much right on 12". I can't get a 12" Remo head on it but I can get an Evans 12" head on it. It is a difficult fit.

The rims, when fitted and tensioned up slip off the head to one side. It seems I need a 12 3/8" head. I cant find any heads this size. When I got the drum it had heads fitted but they were damaged so I just threw them out so I have no idea what 'was' available.

I have been to numerous drum shops and they cant help (not for lack of trying) One bloke suggested I fit some 12" rims which might do the trick but I think the extremely tight fit is choking the drum. Currently I have made up a spacer to fit between the rim and head and the drum is playable (and looks good) but it annoys the crop out of me to know I have the wrong heads fitted.

Anyone ever heard of a 12 3/8" or similar size? - Thanks

REgards

Tony

Posted on 9 years ago

Yes, but you can only buy them in Germany (at least the ones I know about) and the only type is brandless smooth white. And they are expensive.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 9 years ago

I have this problem with my 60s Yamaha snare also. Try Aquarian heads with the larger shoulder. Stops it from slipping

Posted on 9 years ago

Hey, thanks for the replies. I'll keep trying and I'll check those Aquarian heads out.

Thanks again

Regards

Tony

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here