Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Dresdner Apparate Marching Snaredrum

I have an old snare drum probably from the early days of Dresdner Apparate, known as a good-quali-comp from eastern germany. In the Internet there's no real help to identify an exact time of producing. Does anyone know more about these old goodies, prices etc.?

-Max Flemming Nachf. Eichel & Thieme / Dresden

Thank you

Posted on 2 years ago

I have no idea, but I would say that you should not attempt to clean or polish that drum in any way. The patina is so perfectly even that I would suggest getting a set of calf skin heads and gut snares and put it back together just the way it is.

Was this you under a different username? It appears to be a newer drum from the same company.

http://vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=8224

Posted on 2 years ago

Of course, I'm not going to clean it. It is beautiful with that patina.

I'm going to fix it, but I'd like to know more about it :)

No it wasn't my post but I saw it before looking for information on this snare drum.

Posted on 2 years ago

What are the depth and diameter dimensions?

Posted on 2 years ago

Interesting looking snare!! I do not have any info to offer, but, please keep us updated if you receive any...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 2 years ago

Oh-hh! This snare really is extremely rare bird !!

Dresdner Apparatebau is reborned some years ago.

I think you can ask them about historical points.

Their site available in Deutsch.

https://www.dresdner-apparatebau.de/

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 2 years ago

From gwader

Of course, I'm not going to clean it. It is beautiful with that patina.I'm going to fix it, but I'd like to know more about it :)No it wasn't my post but I saw it before looking for information on this snare drum.

To fix it, follow the rules of Brass, like Soft, very soft, Dirt should go, easy on thread clean/re-die and no bottles of anything. No steel wool, cotton cloth only, rub with clean rag to polish. No bottles of anything,...again.

Very nice drum. Made to last. They have their own sound from long ago and it aint Rock.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 2 years ago

Hi there, you should ask Adrian Kirchler from AK Custom Drums, he is very knowledgeable about these older german drums. But the drum look nice anyway. Best to you ;)

https://ak-drums.com/

Posted on 2 years ago

Adrian Kirchler identified this snare drum.

"It was made by „Eichel & Thieme“ between 1927 and 1933 (during that period they were located in Königsbrücker Straße 33).

The model is called „ff. Konzert Wirbel-Trommel“ … a version with 6 single-post lugs / single strainer (was also available with double strainer / for two different types of snares)."

Posted on 9 months ago

Adrian Kirchler identified this snare drum.

"It was made by „Eichel & Thieme“ between 1927 and 1933 (during that period they were located in Königsbrücker Straße 33).

The model is called „ff. Konzert Wirbel-Trommel“ … a version with 6 single-post lugs / single strainer (was also available with double strainer / for two different types of snares)."

Posted on 9 months ago
Action Another action Something else here