Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Double "stacker' Cymbal Stands

Hello,

Sorry, I looked to see if there was section for drum hardware and couldn't find one. Had a question about double "stacker' cymbal stands. I've seen Ian Paice use one (as can be seen in this clip: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfRHj6Db8co&feature=related[/ame])

Neil Peart also had one and Ginger Baker had a few of them as well.

Have been searching forever for one of these stands and can't find one. Haven't ever seen one on eBay either. I've contemplated making one myself, but don't think I would be very successful.

Anyone know where I could probably find one of these or even look for one?

Thanks very much.

Posted on 15 years ago

I think I remember seeing these in early 70s Slingerland or Ludwig catalogs. I believe it was an arm that screwed onto the cymbal stand, not a stand it's self. Possibly "Double Decker cymbal arm ..."

Posted on 15 years ago

I've seen cymbal stackers, but not THAT tall (far apart) all the ones i've seen are MUCH shorter---just my 2 cents

Posted on 15 years ago

I may be wrong, but I don't think that was a special stand.

On the older Ludwig stands, the last section was thin enough to fit through the hole of a cymbal. I'm pretty sure what Ginger used to do, and probably the other guys, was just put a felt on the last "tube", put a cymbal there and put in the last rod...the top section. Pretty simple...

At least that's what I saw...

Posted on 15 years ago

From Rich K.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that was a special stand.On the older Ludwig stands, the last section was thin enough to fit through the hole of a cymbal. I'm pretty sure what Ginger used to do, and probably the other guys, was just put a felt on the last "tube", put a cymbal there and put in the last rod...the top section. Pretty simple...At least that's what I saw...

That what I remember about those "stacker" stands as well.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks everyone for the posts. Appreciate it.

Well, I'll be on the lookout for one of those older Ludwig/Slingerland stands.

If worse comes to worse, I'll have to try and make my own.

That last rod has to be pretty thin though to be able to slide through the hole of a cymbal. Very thin, when I really think about it!

I guess a large washer and a felt, then the rod over top again.

Thanks again.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here