Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Does anyone know what type of drums these are?

I'm trying to identify a set of drums my dad purchased for me when I was about 5yrs old. He purchased them used around 1991 from someone who was about to put them in the pawn shop. I do know what type of snare is pictured with the kit (I purchased it myself). I'm just not sure about the rest of the drums. Possibly Ram Deluxe Drums?!?!?!?! Within the diamond on the logo it looks like it might spell out RAM. I haven't seen any serial numbers. All I've been able to go off of is the drum badge and original heads. As of now I haven't been able to find any information about these drums. Any information would be helpful.

Posted on 5 years ago

Ok it works now,

The roto toms are real deal second series, difference is the lever handles that loosen them. I have first series and those are just regular nuts you need a wrench for. Plus they only came in black. The kit looks MIJ (Made in Japan) but I`m not 100% sure on that. There are others here that can talk about the Zildjian cymbals, I`m not good at those.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

Oh, I forgot, the roto toms are made by Remo.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

The shell interiors look like the "Granitone" copy that Tama used to use. The closeup in photo 3.........that little bit of wood showing between the bearing edge and the wrap.....does that looked like OSB (Oriented Strand Board) to anyone else? That's the same kind of wood they use for subflooring and wall panels in homes. Interesting. Maybe they used OSB to make the entire shell and sprayed the inside with the fake "Granitone" stuff so that no one would know?

Posted on 5 years ago

The shell wood looks like Luan to me. Can you show the tom mounting system and/or bd spurs.I'm guessing that is a Hoshino set made in Taiwan.

Posted on 5 years ago

Here are the extra pictures you requested.

Posted on 5 years ago

Reminds me of the original Trak drums, which I think were made by Hoshino, as teverson-sr mentioned. Especially the lugs.

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 5 years ago