Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Does anybody know for sure? Rogers question??

How many position marker grooves were on the 20" round floor tom legs that came on the 14" Tower floor tom.

I can't tell if is 3 or 4. I have seen remans with 4. But now I see a set said to be original with 3.

I come to the mighting forum seeking the "real" truth. :)

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Tower toms did not come with round legs. Sure they are not Hex shaped?

[COLOR="Red"]EDITED: As noted elsewhere, I was wrong about the round legs. Older toms than I remember. Sorry for the confusion.[/COLOR]

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah... the 14" Tower floor toms came with 3/8" round legs that are rare as hens teeth.

Jim Petty, jp2creations.com, sells remans but you just never ever see the originals out there.

So now I'm seeing this set that claims to be original but they have 3 marker grooves instead of the 4 that jp2 have.

So I'm trying to find out the real deal.

Three grooves.. http://www.flyingblanket.com/geardetail/198.

4 grooves http://www.jp2creations.com/ parts then legs.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Jim!...

I have a complete MINT/NOS set of the Rogers round legs/brackets... OEM was THREE grooves. There ya go!!

Tommyp

Posted on 15 years ago

I believe that the JP2 Creations repro legs have 4 grooves to distinguish them from the originals so no one can pass them off as original legs....

Posted on 15 years ago

amosguy.. no worries, it's all about the discussion.

Ludwig-dude... aaahhh.. that makes great sense... good for JP!

Tommyp.. I LOVE YOU MAN... I had gone ahead and dropped some cash to get those 3 groove legs and I was freaking out that I had wasted it on fakes.

Now I just need to find those bottom tension rods... the old Slingy field snare rods work ok for now but they were really in rough shape and didn't clean up all that well.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here