Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Do You Have a Ludwig 26" Bass Drum With Factory Mounted Rail Consolette Help Request

Greetings,

I was looking to hook up with someone else who may have a 1979 or older Ludwig 26" bass drum that has a factory mounted rail consolette bass tom holder on their bass. In 1980 Ludwig went to the center post tom mount design on most bass drums.

I was hoping to get some kind of measurements from your 26" bass drum for the factory drilled holes for the rail consolette tom mount from one reference point or another.

I realize I could just do the "where ever it works thing", but I wanted to duplicate the factory mounting location if possible. Hence the request. It's a "as long as I'm gonna drill holes in my bass drum, I wanna drill the holes where the factory would have drilled the holes" thing.

Because the 22", 24" and 26", bass drums are different diameters they appear to have slightly different factory mounting points for the rail consolette. At least on my 1979 Ludwig 22" and 24" factory bass drums they are.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum.

Sincerely,

Dan

Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome!

I don't have a 26er, but you're looking in the right place. I'm sure some kind soul will find your post sooner or later. We're a helpful bunch here. :)

Good luck!

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

Drilled the bass drum shell and placed the tom mount centered on the bass lug at 11 o'clock as was the mount on my 24" bass. Turned out good. Drilling a shell is little nerve racking but in the end was actually painless. Ha. Thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here