Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Do The Dishes, Then Cymbals!

Hello everyone,

I was speaking to a guy who works in the local drum shop and we started talking about cymbal cleaning and how some refuse to clean theirs because they like the patina etc...

I asked him what he uses and says that he's never used any chemicals on his cymbals. He washes them with dishwashing liquid and hot water while rubbing them with a cloth. He says it does a great job on the cymbal.

Forgot to ask him, but does that end up leaving the cymbal "naked" once it dries? Don't the cleaners most of us use (groove juice etc) leave a layer of protection on the cymbal? Isn't that a good thing?

I've got some fairly new cymbals and was wondering what the majority of people out there use.

Is there anyone here that actually uses this chemical-free method?

Take care all.

Posted on 15 years ago

I tried it a couple weeks ago on a new/used cymbal I got. Worked real good.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]It works fine to get off dirt, grime, fingerprints. It does zero to remove patina.

Pre-1980's, I don't think any cymbals had protective layers like they do today....so there is no danger of letting naked bronze just patina.....

I actually hate the protective finishes used on Paistes and some Zildjians today....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here