Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Dixie Snare Help

If you've read my "$4 Ludwig" post in the Vintage section this is pretty much the same deal: I got a Dixie snare at a yardsale, $10. I would like to know anything about it that can be supplied.

The Spec's:

Dimensions: 5" X 14"

Shell Material/Finish: Wood, wrapped in a red sparkle finish.

Hardwear: 8 lug, squarish; most comparable to Slingerlands Sound King Lugs. Strainer most comparable to Slingerland's Zoomatic, but much more narrow and rectangular. Internal Tone Control Arm. Double flange hoops.

Snares: 20 strand

Heads: Ludwig Striders; Medium on Batter, X-thin on Snare.

Defects: Extremely limited, some small rust spots (mainly on air port.) Few scratches.

Other: Came with a stand that appears to be very old, the legs fold flat and even upward. Made in USA, says "Lonestar Drum Stand" on brackets.

Posted on 17 years ago

That's what some call a stencil drum... really a term stolen from early 20th century piano marketing. One company makes a whole bunch of low-mid range product with no name and sells them to retailers that put whatever name they wish on them. Dixie's on the vintagesnaredrum.com homepage.

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/

it's one of the many, many 'brands' to come out of the Pearl and Star (Tama) factories in Japan in the 60s and 70s.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here