Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Dixie Drums

Anyone know any info on the company? When were they made? I heard they were first duplex drums (Made in early 1900's). All info is appreciated. I have this kit coming my way. 12/14/20 in silver sparkle. Does anyone still own the company?

2 attachments
131.8 kB
Hacksaw Custom Drums.
Spokane WA
BUY/SELL/TRADE
Posted on 9 years ago

There indeed was a vintage line of drums named DIXIE many years ago. I'm certain some members here can further elaborate on them. However, the drum brand DIXIE in your photo is a modern vintage offshoot of the Pearl Drum Company of Japan circa 1970's. It's one of the many "stencil" entry level drum name brands they marketed over the course of several years. If you'd like a DIXIE chromed steel snare drum to accompany your kit fire me off a PM and I'll share more details with you. Enjoy your drums!

Posted on 9 years ago

I have a blue sparkle double mounted tom Dixie kit like that

20" 16" 12"and 13" or maybe two 12"s I forget

Original front logo head on bass drum

The blue sparkle is really vivid and nearly like new but no snare drum at all

Posted on 9 years ago

Nice. I would love to see pictures of the set!

Hacksaw Custom Drums.
Spokane WA
BUY/SELL/TRADE
Posted on 9 years ago

I'd love to find a "time capsule" set like that-

Posted on 9 years ago

Yeah I saw those on the bay too......

I have a set just like it (in Charcoal Pearl). Made by Pearl in like '72-'74. Those lugs are called "Battleship" lugs.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here