Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Difference Between Chrome and Wood Snare Lugs

I was looking at a 70's chrome Slingerland snare and noticed that they mount with nuts rather than the usual screws.

Does that mean the lugs are different, or can they be used with the screws?

Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Point to clarify please. Do you mean there are actual nuts on the inside, as opposed to hex head screws?

I had some early 60's Sonor set with lugs that had 2 threaded rods as part of the lugs. The rods went inside the shell when mounting the lug and the lugs attached to the shell with washers and nuts. You would be unable to use screws on them since they did not have threaded holes in the lugs to attach screws.

Hope that helps.

Posted on 17 years ago

From the photos I saw, that is how it appeared. That being the case, those lugs would not be useable on other Slingerland snares.

Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Poorsh30:

Slingerland lugs from any drum of the same era can always be used on another Slingerland drum, but you do need to make sure you have the right combination of lug screw length and washer thickness, depending on the donor-recipient shell combination. The threading and insert profile of the lug itself is not a problem.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here