Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Did you notice...

Jollity Drums has some Slingerland sets for sale. I seem to recall a lower price point on them (about 995-1195). They are now a 1495. Am I mistaken? These are the Mahogany and Aqua Flame kits. I could swear that Mahogany kit was less than 1495 last week. Dang. I can't remember!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bobby Chiasson is a great guy and he has somme good stuff....and while always willing to negotiate a bit in price....like any other internet purveyor of vintage drum stuff....he doesn't tag his things cheaply...so this is no surprise to me.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

He is great in negotiating on orphan shells, cymbals and parts. Obviously, from his point of view, when you have a full kit, you'd wanna get as much as you can for it.

Posted on 15 years ago

My point (and there was one) was that his drum prices appear to be going UP and not down like everyone else. I thought that was interesting. I like an up and down market. I also like it when I can watch someone who KNOWS what's going on and makes a prediction early. That's what I meant here. I was noticing a "signal" of what may be to come. Thought it was something that we might want to notice.

Posted on 15 years ago

As with anything you like, want, or need (; ..... make an offer.

Always been a pleasure buying and chatting with Bobby.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

My point (and there was one) was that his drum prices appear to be going UP and not down like everyone else. I thought that was interesting. I like an up and down market. I also like it when I can watch someone who KNOWS what's going on and makes a prediction early. That's what I meant here. I was noticing a "signal" of what may be to come. Thought it was something that we might want to notice.

[COLOR="Sienna"]...don't be [COLOR="DarkRed"]subtle[/COLOR] here....

...headbangers don't get subtle.....D' Drummer[/COLOR]

;)

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

ummmmmm......I think you guys missed my point...again. Forget the name Bobby in this whole thread. Insert any name. It's not the person or the company that is important. It's the fact that SOMEONE in the know has actually gone against the trend and RAISED the price of a vintage drumset. That's what I was pointing out. We have all had conversations on the drastic drop in the vintage market. We all have differing views on it - depending on how much we've invested on vintage equipment. I don't collect so it is good news to me when the market goes south. Some of you are serious collectors and you would like to see an increase on the value of your investment. I was pointing out the fact that an insider has made a move AGAINST the trend. I always find that interesting when looking at investments.

I should always remember...never give up clarity for brevity. My first post was clear to me but obviously too brief. It was a nudge and a poke on market analysis. Investment talk only.

For the record, I don't have a clue who Bobby is. Never done business with the guy to make any kind of a call. I was just pointing out that he seems like a man in the know and he has made a move - market wise - and for those of you who invest...did you notice? ...get it?

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

It was a nudge and a poke on market analysis. Investment talk only.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I dunno...personally, I just think it's an online seller bumping his prices up on an annual basis. But perhaps, perhaps more: and, if so, I am all good with it...I haven't been able to move any stuff in months...got a slew of snares and half-finished kits all over the place....I'd welcome some biz....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Complete, original sets in good sizes (18,12, 14 // 20, 12, 14 ///22,13, 16) are still getting top dollar...some have gone down, but even in this economy, the "good stuff" is still going up, or at least holding steady.

Now, "project" sets, sets with even one extra hole, re-wraps, orphans, odd size combos (ie 20 13 16) are harder to sell. For use as "players" there are some great deals to be had.

Posted on 15 years ago

That is good news for me. I shop the player kits and have a blast with those. I don't think I'd trust myself with a really really nice museum piece. I'd bust it for sure. So, keep the goofy stuff way down low for me. I also like the idea of keeping MikeC and the Fun Bunch rolling in dough. It keeps 'em happy and engaged in the vintage community. If prices were to plummet, they might find some other playground...and where would that leave us?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here