Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Did Somebody Say "MORE COWBELL?"

A while back I picked up a 1967 Ludwig WMP Downbeat Kit (20/12/14). The prior owner, a jazz drummer and the original owner of the kit, had an extra rail consolette installed to provide the option of mounting two rack toms (8x12 & 9x13). When I purchased the kit only the 8x12 was included. I was fortunate enough to find a 9x13 from the same era, should I wish to go the two rack tom route. However, the space between the two looked a "tad" empty so I mounted four cowbells in there. The snare drum in the pic is a Ludwig COB Supraphonic with a pre-serial keystone badge. I got the Ludwig cymbal stands seen in the pic when I purchased the kit. Now if I can only find the matching WMP downbeat snare!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]hehehe...well, kudos to the original owner for mounting the second rail symmetrically to the original. I mean, a lotta folks would have just slapped that pup anywhere.

Sure...4 cowbells visually fills in that space ...or maybe a magnum of Colt 45 in a beverage holder ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey, Jaye,

I never thought of the "COLT 45 OPTION", but it's certainly worth giving a try!

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello - "Old School" - good to see more shots from the family album.

Oddly enough, one of the trap items I mounted on the kit I bought from you was . . . . drum roll please . . . a couple of cowbells.

I had been playing some "samba style" stuff just to get back in the groove of playing a four piece kit and I dug up a 1970 vintage Ludwig hoop mounted cow bell holder I have owned since it was brand new.

It's a nice addition to kit the while I work on getting a "correct" 8x12 put together. Since we met I have acquired a lot of interesting Slingy hardware. Please e-mail me if you ever need any hardware - it's yours for the asking, my friend!

Posted on 15 years ago

69OysterBlue: ALWAYS great to hear from you! It sounds like you're having a good time with the Slingy Kit. Speaking of "bells"...I've got a great original piece of hardware with one of my Radio King kits that mounts a wooden block in the center with one cowbell to the left and another to the right of it. A true "classic" and truly "OldSchool!" Have a GREAT week-end!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here