Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Did Pearl Valencias Have a Cymbal mount option?

Was wondering about this:

My mid 60s Pearl Valencia Bass Drum does not have any kind of cymbal mount on it.

Did any Valencias have a cymbal mount as an option? I could swear I've seen them in the past. Were they "L" arms or the kind that feed the cymbal rod thru the bass drum (like the 60s Rodgers mounts?)

If they did offer Valencias with a cymbal mount, I'm VERY tempted to get one and add it to mine. but I hate "L" mounts, I'd much rather have the type that goes thru the bass drum shell.

Posted on 13 years ago

Not certain about the Valencia having the cymbal mount, but as for L arm vs slider, I think either would be appropriate as Pearl used both.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Jon. I love mounting the ride on the bass drum, just not with an "L" arm because every one Ive ever had fell over while I was playing!!!! It looks SO "60s" also.

:)

Posted on 13 years ago

To the best of my knowledge the 1967 Valencia`s had a cymbal arm mount that was a straight rod down into the bass drum. After 68 I have never seen that again on any Pearl drums. The 68s through 75s that I own and have seen ALL have an L-arm bass drum mounted cymbal holder - it`s also on all the catalog Valencia photos during that time.

Now that I think of it - the JR/kids kits in the back of the 69 catalog do have that cymbal arm disappearing into the bass drum shell.

Valencia`s are wonderful- I own three full kits of them and a number of orphans BUT they are not museum kits- I say put a cymbal holder on it if you want one. Cool1

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Osaka!

Actually, I just found one of those mounts you mentioned. I'm going to clean it up and install it. Thanks for your input!!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here