Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

did pearl every use this mount (pic attached)

did pearl every use this kind of tom mount (pic attached) and if so, what years?

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Yup, early days.

Posted on 8 years ago

From patrick

Yup, early days.

thanks! I'm trying to figure out what this kit is. It came with "President" badges but the seller said they may not have originally came with the kit.

I have attached some pics. Things of note: 20"x14" kick, 12" rack tom and 16" floor tom, chrome bass drum hoops, no reinforcement rings....any idea on what series/maker and year?

Posted on 8 years ago

is that painted luan I see? Did someone paint the bare wood on the snare drum to match the wrap on the other drums?

60's Gretsch Progressive Jazz Green Sparkle
'61 Slingerland Bop Kit Sea Green Rewrap
Round Badge Bop Kit Clone Red Sparkle
'67 Pearl President 13/16/22 Red Oyster Pearl
Posted on 8 years ago

they striped the wrap and painted the whole kit....I'm going to put a silver sparkle wrap on it

Posted on 8 years ago

FYI - yes indeed those are Pearl made lugs.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

ok, thanks! any idea if it is a president series? I'm thinking it is from the late 60's because of the consolette mount. The thing throwing me off is that every pic I find of a old pearl set that has the consolette has an l-rod tom mount like a Ludwig mount, not a tom clip mount on mine.

Posted on 8 years ago

Every badged 60s President set I've seen has phenolic shells and 'cut diamond' shaped lugs. I think with the consolette mount you are most likely looking at an earlier style (early to mid 60s) or a lower line style. Look at the 68 catalog on pg 6 of the PDF. The Valencia model has that type of mount.

http://www.drumarchive.com/Pearl/Pearl1968.jpg

I had a copy of the 64 catalog, but it disappeared into the ether.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

From tris66

Every badged 60s President set I've seen has phenolic shells and 'cut diamond' shaped lugs.

You have any idea what series/year this could be?

Posted on 8 years ago

From ardrummer

You have any idea what series/year this could be?

Without badges it could be Pearl or any of the stencil brands that Pearl made, so pinning down a series and a year...?!! Considering that snare with the different lugs and wrap-stripped-off-then-painted condition it could be a conglomeration of orphan drums.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here