Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Did Ludwig changed wrap supplier in the 60's?

Hello everyone, I was looking at different ludwig champagne sparkle drums from the 60's and I was seeing that pre 66's champagne wrap looks lighter. I don't know this was marly coincidence or something changed indeed. As always thanks for your input and Have a Happy Drumming Day !Car Driving2

Posted on 15 years ago

I think it was always Delmar since prehistoric times...BUT, Delmar did change its styles and tints every now and then.

Could also be the fade....I have never seen 2 vintage Champagnes which have the same tint to 'em...

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks a lot for you input !!!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I agree...Champagnes faded differently. they were like Luddy's marine blue pearl...you can never find 2 which are alike. That's probably what you are seeing (check under the hoops, see if the original colors are closer to matching).[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

agreed, i have a 1963 ludwig pioneer in champagne sparkle and a 1963 12" tom. they don't look the same at all. the tom looks much more like my (nicely) faded 1967s toms and kick while the snare is bright and shiny like new...

Posted on 15 years ago

I have seen some old Champagnes go a nice "tobacco" brownish, also. I have actually never seen a 20 y.o. + Champagne look like the current new wraps. I think they tend to fade significantly. So that's cool if you have one which still looks new.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here