Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Desperately seeking Low Boy!

Hello there! I just missed my chance to round off my very, very vintage drum kit (mostly 1918!), because there was a Walberg and Auge low boy hihat stand on eBay - but darn it, it's gone!

If anyone has one of these that they don't use, please message me! It would complete the kit and is the final bit of the puzzle! I'm trying to wean myself off hihat!

Posted on 6 years ago

I found low boys usually priced way above what I was willing to pay for them so I bought a normal height Walberg and Auge high hat stand for much less money and cut the tube down to make a low boy for a bass drum pedal history display. If you are not concerned about 100% authentic gear, then this makes a much less expensive alternative. I did the same thing with snowshoe pedals, I could not justify the price, so I made some from oak and springs. I added a leather strap on the snowshoe since this picture. I did pop for one of the new DW low boys though. Does that make me a hypocrite? Hope this helps, Joe (my low boy file did not upload, I will do that later if you like, sorry)

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Love your home made snowshoe. Well, I finally found a Mr Turner who has a stunning collection of vintage drums and he agreed to sell me his low boy - so my search is over! My kit is complete!

(Maybe just one more cymbal...)

Posted on 5 years ago

Congratulations on finding a real low boy. That is quite an accomplishment. Did it include the cupped cymbals? I have found small Chinese cymbals from Steve Weiss Music an excellent substitute. I don't understand the concept of a complete kit. You will have to explain one that to me. I just keep using a drum kit (especially an older one) as an excuse to buy more things that I really don't need and can't justify. That policy has worked out well so far. The only limitations besides money are storage space and my wife's patience. Now we need to find a source of those Duncan vertical cymbal floor high hats that appear to me to be an evolutionary stub in high hat development.

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

and how much would you be prepared to pay for one of those i wonder.,.,...?? cheers

Posted on 4 years ago

I would be prepared to pay a fair price depending on the condition and completeness. They are extremely rare. Is that a rhetorical question or do you have one for sale? Here is another odd high hat I found, no height adjustment and no folding. Thanks, Joe

2 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

From Pedal_Pusher

I don't understand the concept of a complete kit. You will have to explain one that to me. I just keep using a drum kit (especially an older one) as an excuse to buy more things that I really don't need and can't justify. That policy has worked out well so far.

"COMPLETE" KIT.....That's hilarious!

Mid 60's Rogers Pink Champagne Sparkle
late 50's Slingerland 5N kit being refinished
20's/30's Duplex kit
20's CONN kit
Vintage traps
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here