Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

deluxe classic

hi all,can anyone tell me the difference between a deluxe classic and super classic?

69 super classic 63 supra paiste 2000
Posted on 14 years ago

Yup. The Deluxe Classic was introduced in conjunction with the new Atlas hardware. I think it must have come out sometime around 1970 (give or take a year).

The differences:

-The Deluxe Classic was, essentially, a Super Classic with the (then) heavier-duty Atlas hardware.

-The DC bass drum did not have the cymbal arm mount on the shell.

-The SC did eventually offer an option for a 20" bass drum in the early 70's -according to the sources in the Vintage Drum Guide, but the Deluxe Classic was strictly a 22/13/16/(Supra) configuration, *edit* -when it first appeared in the catalog.

*edit* After that, somewhere after 1971, the DC was offered with the option for a 24" bass drum.

*edit* And then it appears the Deluxe Classic died out at the turn of the decade in 1980.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

In the ad Ludwig put out in the Jan 1968 Ludwig drummer offering mod orange and psych red, the deluxe classic is shown. I would guess that late 1967-early 1968 would be the time when they were first offered.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 14 years ago

I missed this one entirely. I always thought the deluxe classic came with tomato and cheese and the super classic was a twin patty affair. Shoot.

Posted on 14 years ago

Funny Post What no fries?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here