Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Default Pearl CZX in black with slight sparkles finish (Midnight Quartz): 14" or 8" t

Hi,

I own a Pearl CZX in black with slight sparkles finish (called Midnight Quartz) and I am looking for a 14" or a 8" tom-tom.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Shmuel.

[email]samuel.nedjar@gmail.com[/email]

Posted on 6 years ago

That's a CZX Studio. Great drums!

Posted on 6 years ago

I have a Custom Z in maple. Never had a chance to the birch drums in person. I have heard they sound great.

Posted on 6 years ago

From ConvertedLudwigPLayer

I have a Custom Z in maple. Never had a chance to the birch drums in person. I have heard they sound great.

IMO, birch shells are an acquired taste. In my experience (I had two Tama Starclassic Performer sets and sold both), the birch shells were very dark, rather harsh, and they did not project well in live situations. They were fine if you mic'd the whole set, but who needs to do that on smaller gigs? Maple shells are warmer and have better projection generally, and that's what I prefer.

Birch shell drums excel in studio situations however, so it depends on your needs. I believe Premier drums were almost always made of birch, as were many other Euro brands.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here