Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Dec 1, 2007 - Rogers Drum Sets

Ok, Since I just finished the Ludwig section I thought I should start the Rogers Drum Set Section.... I started with 1960 and will do two more 1960's catalogs and work from there.. This way I can get some from every year and give people an idea what year their set came from by looking at the different configurations.... Also, if they want to make a 1960's Rogers Video Outfit they can look at the image and see what the set had for that year.....

Looking at this catalog I began to wonder why Rogers did not spend the money to make a full color catalog and have the drum sets photographed in color?

Ludwig and Slingerland were showing better images in their catalogs...

Also, looking at this catalog you begin to wonder why they had so much text and different configurations for each set.. I think that is a little confusing and might have turned people away...

Of course this is a marketing thing and a catalog is the best way to showcase your products... I have first hand experience in this area and really wondered why they did this besides it being much cheaper to produce...

Click Here for the Rogers Drum Set Section.

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Well, it is Dec 2, now! I added the 1964 Catalog to the page...

I also added a complete catalog page so you can see all of the drum set configurations on one page...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I just added the 1957 Rogers Catalog to the page...

I have to say for such great drums the catalogs do not compare....

Who was in charge of putting the catalogs together?

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I just added the 1938 Rogers Drum Sets to the page...

My thought process for organization on the drum set pages is based on a few things...

There are people that have no idea the name of the set they have so I thought it would be best to start the page with a complete line up of all of the different configurations...

Click Here

Then I thought I should list every set for every year I have scanned...

Click Here

Then I also list the individual year at the top of the main page for people wanting to see which sets were offered for any given year...

This way there are three ways to find the information....

Besides being a daunting task, this work is not necessarily "fun", but I do find it an important part of the building of this web site and making it the most complete vintage drum web site on the Internet...

Also, I did not put my VSD watermark on the images so I expect them to appear on other forums as Avatars and posts for people doing "Research" without saying where they got the info...

I have to get over that....

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here