Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

DEALS WHAT DEALS you say C/L ludwig set

Hi All, You know deals are still out in vintage drum land...C/L is the best check the photo[its from the listing] 1969 ludwig set 12,13,16 and 22...DRUM ROLL please for 75.00 even...mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Did you get 'em? What is that finish, contact paper?

While it wasn't CL, I responded to an ad in the paper's classifieds yesterday. It was for a Ludwig Weather Master ;) Snare with case and stand for $100. Over the phone he told me it was chrome with blue/olive badge - I was very excited. It turned out to be a 70's acrolite. And if I didn't already have four I would've bought it. But, he also had a set of CB drums and stack of cymbals he was selling for $150. An A Custom 12" Splash was sitting on top of the stack so I inquired about buying the cymbals separately. I sorted through them and picked that one and a 20" Avedis ride from the 60's (the rest were junk). He said to make an offer and I didn't want to low-ball it too much, so I offered $60. Needless to say, he was happy and so was I.

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 14 years ago

My latest score off cl was a Slingy wmp, 20, 12, 14. Mahogany bass stamped 1962 and the toms are maple stamped 64. It was pretty dirty but it is cleaning up real nice! He was asking 200.00, I offered 150.00 and he jumped at it.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi All, Yes i got the set[friend who got it off c/l came by today]...Now for the good and bad---Yes contact paper cover home made and a bad job at that..the set is not all ludwig only the 12" tom is 70s but complete..But parts i have parts,i will go by drum--bass drum is a 60s pearl shell--10 lugs are rogers b/t with t's and claws,also rogers 70s s,o,m, bass legs and mounts,,Ludwig tom post,2 ludwig rims,other 10 lugs are 60s pearl with t's and claws.....now the 13" tom again pearl 60s has ludwig rims,and 6 small classic lugs 60s and ludwig tom mount,also 6 pearl lugs 60s---16" tom again pearl 60s shell has 16 big ludwig classic lugs and three ludwig mounts but the legs are 60s gretsch..So i still say not bad for 75.00 just for the parts---mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here