Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Deal Alert: Maple kit

Ok you guys.......

This is a tip, I am not the seller - just want to someone grab this great deal.

This is a 9-ply Maple/Mahogany/Maple kit that is stained and lacquered. From what I have learned, Verve Percussion used to make cheap drumsets, then discontinued making them-and focused on marching percussion instead.

However, before they stopped making the kits, they decided to make a really good one, and this is that kit. It retailed for about $1000 and towards the end of their retail run, it usually sold for about 300-500 as a reduced price.

How do I know so much about them? I HAVE ONE that I picked up from a guy for $150. The quality of workmanship is very good and this kit (should be) just gorgeous. It has the wine red/rosewood red (not sure the exact name) stain, pretty much the same color as the red Gretsch Catalina Maple.

I am too far from this kit and already have one...SOMEBODY PICK THIS UP!!!

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/msg/2804845431.html

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

Hey John,

I know what you are talking about with the Verve kits. They were sold exclusivley through The Woodwind and Brasswind in South Bend, IN (their own house brand). My dad (sax player) had been a loyal customer of theirs from Day 1, when the "storefront" was some guys house! I really liked going there as a young adult (we'd make the 2.5 hour trek from the Detroit/Toledo area), saving up my money, and having a great day with my Dad! Ironically enough, we would always go once a year on President's Day when I was off from school. Today is President's Day! Neat huh? They used to have the largest selection of Zildjian in the country, and would even let you try up to 3 Zildjians "on approval" through the mail before you had to pay for them (you paid a small deposit when they shipped). It was a great way to try out models you may not have heard before, or to pick the "cherry" from a batch of three identical cymbals. Sadly, those days are now long gone, and they have been sold a few years ago to the same parent company as Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Music 123 etc. Now it's nothing but a glorified Guitar Center. No reason to go anymore. VERY SAD!!!!

ANYWAY, to get back on point, I always wanted one of those kits. Cool finishes and very well made........but I never pulled the trigger.

This however is[COLOR="Red"] NOT[/COLOR] one of those nicer kits. It looks like a wrap finish (hard to tell), the floor tom appears to have only 6 lugs (the nice ones had 8 lug floor toms if I remember-correct me if I am wrong) and look at the tom mounts: Pearl style that protrude into the shell. Those nice Verve kits had L-style mounts for sure. I can't remember if they had suspenion mounts or not (you would know), but they certainly had L-arms, not Pearl style arms. Also, it doesn't look a matching wood snare, but a chrome snare (again, hard to tell). It does appear to have wood hoops however. Weird. I don't want to rain on your parade, but from what I can see, it's probably not as good of a deal after all. Are you seeing something that I am not? I am going by memory and you own them, so I'll defer to you if you see something that I don't.

Thanks for bringing those up though.....................I hope you enjoy yours! Want to sell? Ha ha...................

Posted on 12 years ago

The wood looks very white for maple from the pics???..I dunnoWalking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

http://www.judysbook.com/deal/41298

and

http://www.instrumentguide.com/drums/verve/maple%20lacquer/

I have the red one.

I will be posting pics of mine later this week when it is not late and I am not tired!

Goodnight......

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 12 years ago

I purchased a Verve 10 X 12 orphan mounted tom 2 years ago to complete my church set.It was damaged and needed attention,but the shell was rigid but VERY thin.Nice drum,and the lug hole pattern matched the Gretsch mini-lugs that I installed.I put out a "wanted" for a full set with the mini lugs at the same time.

Posted on 12 years ago

Obviously mine was not the same model as your thin one you mention here.

SEE PICS OF MINE IN THE OTHER THREAD CONCERNING THESE - IN THE FOR SALE FORUM.

I really wanted this to be noticed, so I posted it in both this forum and the For Sale one.

John

Posted on 12 years ago

Well, I guess I stand corrected. However, I know that Verve had even better kits before they closed shop. I remember seeing lacquer fade finishes and smaller sized toms.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here