Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Dayton Era Rogers Londoner Question

SO.

I got this kit late 60's Rogers kit, and it is in really nice shape, but something is bothering me about it. I want to know if anyone has any speculation on what the deal with it might be.

The 20 and 12 both have Holiday tags just over 100,000. The 13 and 16 both have lower number "Tower" tags that were crossed out with black marker and "Holiday" is handwritten in. I know that was a common practice. Both the 13 and 16 have white mufflers, but the 12 has a grey muffler.

When set up as it should be, the 12 (single badged) faces forward as it should. The 13 however (even though it is a double badged drum) does not face forward when in its "Londoner" position. It seems to be one panel off to the right so that the badge faces out to the side instead of straight forward.

If the 13 is placed in "tom 1" position, the other badge faces forward as it should (since it is double badged).

My question is: Is this 13 tom not original to the kit or is it just a quality control mistake? Both the muffler and the badge on the 13 seem to be one panel off to the right from where they should be. Most double badge drums I have seen work in either configuration. This 13 inch tom clearly only has it's badge facing forward when it is in the "1st tom" position. Were some drums just done this way or is this from another kit? A mistake?

Whaddaya think?

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Also...the 13 is the only double badged drum in the bunch. I have heard that the Fullerton drums were the only ones double badged. The 16 and 13 both have the scribbled out Dayton labels and white mufflers which I have heard are actually Fullerton drums (just using up the old Dayton labels), but the floor isn't double badged. The 20 and 12 both have standard Holiday tags.

I'm confused!

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

To clarify...

Instead of the double badges being on both sides of the tom mount, the double badges are on opposing panels....so if it is set up as a 5 piece the badge on 13 faces out to the side instead of to the front.

Anyone have an idea if this is common or if it was a "move to fullerton new employee mistake"?

Thanks!

Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Anyone got an idea? Would really appreciate the help!

BumpBumpBumpBumpBump

Posted on 14 years ago

Ploughman? Tommy P? I am hoping you guys have an idea about this!! You guys seem to be the experts!

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

It sounds to me that the 12'' and 20" drums came as a set and the 13" 16" toms were added..this leads me to think it's a piece together set...Also the 13" seems to be from the 70s not the 60s...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Thats kinda what I was thinking too, but the 16 isn't double badged and they sure look like they came together! Hmm.

Sucks that the 13 doesn't have a Rogers badge that faces forward when it is in its correct position on the kit!

-Ad

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here