Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Dave's WMP Kit as arrived!

Hey guys,

Well the big day happened on Thursday. I got the first delievery of my new (to me) 1968 Ludwig WMP Kit. I am soooo pumped.

I will post pictures once everything has arrived. I have purchsed a 1969 WMP snare, a vintage flat base snare stand, a vintage hi hat, and vintage L arm for the bass drum.

Question for you: Anybody know where to get a cool vintage looking "lambswhool" bass drum beater. One of the puffy ones? I love that look,,..and have heard the sound is killer.

I also wanted to mention that I changed all the heads on the drums with Aquarian Vintage/Modern satin finish. THey are a cream in colour and sound unreal. Do you guys use these at all?

BEst

Dave

Posted on 18 years ago

I use the vintage heads by Aquarian on my 1977 Slingerland drums and love them, greg

Posted on 18 years ago

repercussions.org carries lambswool beaters

Posted on 18 years ago

OMG that website is a mess. it takes like 10 minutes to download all the images and then there is so much to look at you don't know where to begin..

gorgeous kits however...

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Dave, Glad all is coming together for you, and that things are looking up. keep us posted.

As far as the Aquarian Modern Vintage Heads go, I think they're crap, and I personally can't stand them. While they do appear to be better made, and of very high quality appearance wise, in comparison to Evans, and Remo, every head I ever bought all sounded like wet cardboard to me. And I also didn't like the stick feel of them neither. Of course other's mileage may vary, but I've heard this a lot about Aquarian Heads from others.

Essentially, I have a few boxes of 14's lying around here, and they'll never go back on any of my drums.

For me it will always be the Remo Diplomat Diplomat-M-5, Remo Ambassador, or Evans G-1.

Mark

Posted on 18 years ago

Dave/All I should've elaborated a bit further, in that I never liked the Modern Vintage Head on any of my Snares. After not liking them on my Snares, I never felt the need to go any further with these on any of my other drums (Toms/etc)

For my snares it will always be the Evans G-1, Diplomat, and preferably the Diplomat M-5, but these are a real SOB to get lately.

The thinner, and livelier a head is, the better I like it.

I reckon it all depends on personal taste, the sounds you are looking for, and the style you play/like to play. As long as you like the head, that's all that counts! Mark

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here