Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

dating Vintage Slingerlands...

I have an opportunity to buy a 4 piece set of slingerlands. I can't not figure out the date....The only thing unusual about the shells is that there are speckled grey inside.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm sure that some of the Slingerland gurus on the forum will chime in soon but, unless I'm mistaken, Slingerland used the speckled gray interior on its Spirit Line of drums from the early to mid '80s.

Posted on 14 years ago

I think that those shells would be from the Slingerland Spirit Series that were produced from 81-86. If you go to the Vintage Drum Identification-Slingerland Drums tab at the top of this webpage you can find a small description of these drums and see a picture of the shell interiors. Good Luck!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago

From OldSchool

I'm sure that some of the Slingerland gurus on the forum will chime in soon but, unless I'm mistaken, Slingerland used the speckled gray interior on its Spirit Line of drums from the early to mid '80s.

This sounds correct. A description of the shell ply layup and of course a photo of the badge would help a great deal. Also, what type of hardware does the set have (tom mounts, bass mount)?

Jeff

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here