Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Dating Rogers

Hi. I know little about Rogers drums and would be grateful for help on dating a Dynasonic snare with the serial number 1938. Thanks.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

1920s 14"x5" Ludwig Super Sensitive Dual Snare
1957 6 1/2" x15" Slingerland WMP Concert King
1938 8"x15" Leedy Broadway Standard
1947-53 14x6.5" NOB Ludwig & Ludwig Universal
...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 1 year ago

Wood or COB shell?

By serial number alone, 1961-2. Posting a picture will help.

Posted on 1 year ago

The drum is a chrome on brass shell.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 1 year ago

Low number Gerard!

Anyone know the first serial number for the the Dynasonics?

Posted on 1 year ago

Early drum as far as Dynasonic drums go

within the first 938 of the badged drums.

before badged drums there were paper tagged Dynasonic.

I'd love to see a pic

If it is COB it will be post Gretsch shell Dynasonic and will have a beaded 7 line shell.

The highest Gretsch shell Dynasonic I have seen was in the 13XX range.

So I'd put this drum in 1962

Posted on 1 year ago

From Dan Boucher

Low number Gerard! Anyone know the first serial number for the the Dynasonics?

Not counting the paper-tag Dynasonics, I believe the first serial number on the badge was 1001, but don't quote me on that! I need to look in my Rogers Book and check it out.

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks very much guys. Very helpful. In the end I decided to buy an early Supra instead. Been looking for a nice clean one for ages and managed to snag one over the weekend.

Posted on 1 year ago

From idrum4fun

Not counting the paper-tag Dynasonics, I believe the first serial number on the badge was 1001, but don't quote me on that! I need to look in my Rogers Book and check it out.-Mark

That is correct.

And be careful with what you trust the Cook Book with.

Lots of incorrect information ... or maybe a better way to put it is ... a lot of research has been done since it was published all those years ago and new discoveries have been uncovered and many things in that book have been proven to be untrue.

Zero disrespect to my friend Dave Simms who basically did ALL the research for that book ... he's the true Rogers research pioneer.

That book should be called the Dave Simms book

Much of the contents of the book is still 100% valid and it is definitely one of the bets resources we have

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here