Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Dating my Ludwig kit

Hello there everyone, I'm new here. My passion is surf music from the 60's. That is why I am obsessed with anything vintage drums. I am also in a surf band. You can check us out at www.myspace.com/deadbeats63 and lemme know what you think of us. I recommend listening to Sucio Sanchez con Misirlou. Anyways I own a Ludwig Fab 4 drumset. It is NOT vintage, rather it's a remake of the classic maple kit from the 60's. I want to know if anyone can help me date my drums. Here are the serial numbers:

Tom - 3422729

Floor Tom - 3423144

Bass - 3422391

Snare - 3422734

Please if you can help me out it would be much appreciated. I also own a vintage Ludwig Acrolite snare in really great condition. Its serial number is 209169 dated for September of 1965. If I am incorrect please let me know. THANK YOU

Jonathan

Posted on 16 years ago

Pictures of the badges would help, you have a 3xxxxxx serial, only shows up to 20xxxxx on the serial number page and they end in 1979, so I assume it's later than that, but pix would help

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here