Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Darwin/Fibes

I met a very nice chap on the forum and i think we are doing a deal for a Darwin kit.Its in nice shape silver sprkl,and the sizes are traditional with matching snare.Does anyone have experience with wood Fibes drums?.Some say they are Jasper shells givingthem a Gretschy vibeCool

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

I have a natural maple Fibes kit from '96, Jasper shells. Everytime I record with them, the producer for the sesion goes nuts. I have only received the highest compliments for that kit. I also have a 70's Fibes snare and it sounds great, you can't go wrong playing a Fibes drum. That's my 2 cents.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 17 years ago

I agree,its a shame they cant get the momentum to start rolling again.With most of the American/Canadian companies gone or stuggling,it makes you ask how long will it be before they become a mere memory.In fact look at Premier and how they limp through the industry.For us older guys these are very sad times

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I agree,its a shame they cant get the momentum to start rolling again.With most of the American/Canadian companies gone or stuggling,it makes you ask how long will it be before they become a mere memory.In fact look at Premier and how they limp through the industry.For us older guys these are very sad times

I think Fibes might be back up. I just checked their website and it's been updated to 2007. I need to order some parts from them, I will update any new findings. I agree on Premier, I thought they were making a great drum for the price, then, Guitar Center dropped them, no American distrubution, what a bummer. The Artist birch series, 5pc for under $700, with rims' mounts, a very nice deal for the time. (2001)

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here