I just picked up a cheap Japanese set from the '60s (or thereabouts) that is cool looking and in very good condition, but is missing a couple of parts:

1. It has a cymbal mount on the BD for a straight cymbal rod (see the pic below) and the cymbal rod is missing. I think the top section of a lightweight cymbal stand that uses a solid rod rather than a tube would work, but I don't have any stands that have a skinny enough top section to use. The mount takes an 8mm straight rod, and all the stands I have slightly larger tubes for the top section. I've searched the usual places - eBay, and all the online retailers I know of - and haven't been able to find a generic replacement for this part, or anything else that would work.

2. One of the BD spurs is missing. It's nothing fancy, as you can see in the pic below, just a straight rod 8mm in diameter and about 9.5 inches long, with a rubber tip on one end.

Does anyone have anything laying around that would work as a replacement for these parts? The cymbal rod is more important than the spur at this point. Not looking for any valuable vintage collectables, just something that will work!

Thanks.

Scott