Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Custom Remo Snare TMNT

Hey,

Here's a strange one. I had REMO manufacture a custom snare for me. Actually, it was for my son (hope hope hope that he plays drums). He never picked up the sticks so now I have a very unique one of a kind snare. It's REMO's top of the line snare (Gold Crown 14x5.5). I had to jump through some serious hoops to get Mirage Studio permission to use the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle images. The hardware is Green Sparkle (as you would imagine) and it plays oh so sweet. Just curious...what would something like this fetch? . . . and where in the heck would one sell something this unique? Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

Cool snare. No idea what it would fetch (or what it cost you), but I think eBay is your best option for selling it.

Someone out there is just looking for a TMNT snare this very second... I just know it! :)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

That post cracked me up! Nice.

It's been a bit, but I think I paid about $500.00 to get it built. It was custom artwork, hardware, and all that huff-n-stuff. Hey, it was for my son. Seemed like a good idea at the time. So....................I've sold off all my modern gear and have gone to all "vintage" gear. It doesn't really "fit" the kits (if you get my drift). Part of me says to hold on to it. It plays incredibly sweet. Then, there's that part that says you really shouldn't mix in TMNT with Slingerland. Bad mojo. Anyone else out there have some fatherly advice? I was really hoping not to have to deal with eBay. Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

I can't speak on the value of the snare, but I can say that you don't have to worry about "bad mojo"- there is no such thing. It is called "juju."

Posted on 15 years ago

Makes me want to order a Pepperoni Pizza "Cowabunga Dude"

I still have the movies on VHS tape and watch them with my son!....

I'm thinking in todays market you will not get your $500 back on the snare.. So I would hold on to it.

It is so unique that the market for it is very small. There are a variety of these one-offs, but they have a poker theme, lady theme, etc...

To me it is worth the money, because it is very cool and unique.

Ebay is the place for a drum like this, because of the tiny TMT/Drummer market, Ebay will at least give you the most exposure to the largest group of people.

I like it!

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Keep it!

Great story; decent drum; by many standards a modest price paid. Put it to work as a practice snare maybe. Anyway, sentimental vote says keep it.

Patrick

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here