Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Crush Drums

Does anyone know anything about crush drums? I have my eye on a set but I don't know anything about how they are made, all die cast hoops, seamless clear shells, sound should be fat, and loud as hell....all feedback welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Crush-Seamless-Acrylic-6-Piece-Drum-Set-8-10-12-14-16-22-1245-/180787489984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a17c62cc0

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

I remember the local drum shop here saying that Crush was started by former employees of DDrum. . . .James

Posted on 12 years ago

From what I remember there are RCI shells and priced fairly well.

http://www.rcistarlite.com/

ADH say they'll beat any price,

We simply will not be beaten on prices - We Guarantee to beat any genuine quote yo may receive elsewhere - simply contact us with your quote and we will beat it!!!

I'd grind 'em for a lower price....

http://www.acrylicdrumsheaven.com/faq.html

Construction info...

http://www.acrylicdrumsheaven.com/the_revolution.html

Posted on 12 years ago

Just another new age equivalent to the stencil MIJ stuff of the 60's, parts are the same low grade poorly plated Chinese stuff a lot of the big boys use on their bottom barrel stuff. There's a lot of info about this company on GhostNote...they're not drum builders, they're drum assemblers. Not saying don't buy them, just saying you get what you pay for. I've looked at a couple of their kits & it looked a lot like the Jin Boa I've seen & own. I'd use them to bang around in clubs but would never think about using them in a studio situation.

Just my 2 cents!

Dan

"Play the drum...don't let it play you" - Max Roach

1968, 1974 & 1984 Rogers Dyna•Sonic COB
1971, 1976 Slingerland GK Sound King
1973 Slingerland Festival
1920's-40's Slingerland (US Military) Field Snares (6)
19?- Ludwig Field Snare (US Marines)
1960's Premier Gold Glitter Student Snare kit
1960's-? MIJ Snares (way-way too many)
Posted on 12 years ago

I was thinking the opposite, acrylic is more of less the same no matter when it was made, wood shells differ in ply's, type of wood, how the wood is molded and such, but acrylic is basically a one piece clear shell, the hardware plays a part, but they are using die cast, hoops, which is a good thing, maybe I'm missing something, G

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

I worked with a drummer that was endorsed by them. He was using my kits but brought his Crush 13" snare for live use and brought out a 10" tom for me to look over. I never got a clear answer on who built their shells. He was under the impression that the shells came from Asia. I will say as assembled drums go, these were very well made and had very nice finishes. I don't recall what kind of bearing edges were used but I do recall them looking very well routed and finished. They had some interesting lugs: notably the chameleon style which is a very innovative idea but not really for me. The snare used tube lugs. Really cool and original badge. Certainly drums for the video gamer age. :-) I can't speak about their cheaper kits, but these drums seemed fine in my cursory look at them. The question may be what the resale value might be of a little known drum company.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

By the way, the company is based in central Florida for whatever it is worth. "assembled with pride in the USA" perhaps that is the new catch phrase?

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

I've walked by that very kit gobs of times. These are at Bently's Drums...

Those do sound fat, and yeah, Dana is a buddy of mine, but I'll tell you what I think.

When those acrylics first got to his shop a few months ago I was ogling them. Not fifteen feet away was a new Ludwig Vistalite at twice the price.

Thumping the heads on similar sized drums (Ludwig kit has bigger drums) it sounds okay, but then I've never been a fan of acrylics! DOH

The Crush kit is seamless which means it is cast. I assume that the Ludwig kit is a bent sheet, glued at the seam. I could not even imagine the sonic property differences between the two.

Anyway, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

Another custom drum maker that was.If i recall right they are not making them anymore..The shells/hardwear all are M.I.J. and put together in the U.S.They are ok drums but i would spend that kind of money on a vintage Ludwig set but thats just me..Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

From MIKEY777

Another custom drum maker that was.If i recall right they are not making them anymore..The shells/hardwear all are M.I.J. and put together in the U.S.They are ok drums but i would spend that kind of money on a vintage Ludwig set but thats just me..Mikey

I agree Mike. No comparison in my book.

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here