Hello,

How do I count the ply's on my Ludwigs. I keep coming up with different results because there are some very thin layers that could be glue or something where the real layers are pressed together, or did Ludwig use very thin layers of wood? Based on my research I have heard of 5 ply, 6 ply, 7 ply

and 9 ply made from the 90's to present. Can I measure the thickness of the drum to verify the amount of ply's. When I sell this set I want to be accurate about the drums.

The drums in question are maple classics all natural finish. The sizes are

14x26, 16x18, 16x16, and 12x15. The drums all have the modern day Keystone badges and mini classic lugs. The drum set has been pieced together by the person I purchased them from. The 12x15 (virgin) is a 1/2 shade lighter than the FT's and the bass drum has a tom mount that I am not using. The bass drum also has a spot were a cymbal arm holder used to be. Actually there are two places were a cymbal arm holder used to be, which leads me to beleive that someone at one point moved the cymbal arm holder to a different location, or did Ludwig ever use a cymbal arm holder that used two mounts attached to the bass drum?

All of the toms are in very good condition and the bass drum is in fair/good condition. The 16x18 is missing the dampener and the other toms were not equipped with one.

Also, does anyone beleive that I could get more money buy selling the drums seperate on E-bay?