Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Could someone tell me how much this Slingerland set is worth?

Im thinking of purchasing it but Im not really sure what a fair price is

All drums Slingerland circa 1972 vintage* "Blue Agate" with solid maple shells:

1. bass drum with both rims and tom-tom mounting hardware;

2. double mounted tom-toms

3. 16X16 floor tom-tom

4. 8-lug chrome snare (Vintage)

5. Gibraltar deluxe throne with back-rest/brace

6. two (2) A Zildgian "Custom" 15" hi-hat cymbals

[IMG]http://a993.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_c820a47937d683505bd11ed592536da8.jpg[/IMG]

Again not buying the cymbals or hardware just whats listed.

Thanks!

Posted on 16 years ago

$600 - $800 for this set... I have the same set with matching snare drum, but in 20-12-14 configuration and that should be in the $800 -$1200 range..

At least that is what I would want for it...

So yours being bigger sizes is still a desirable color and a nice set...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks,

Someone wants to sell it to me for 1,000

This includes the throne and the highhats

Do you think this is a bad deal?

Posted on 16 years ago

There is a set on Ebay at the moment being sold by Donn Bonnett...

Take a look... Click Here

I do not think $1000 is a great price... You would be paying maximum price in my opinion...

This is a retail store, so their pricing is higher, even though Donn is a great guy and a straight up seller he is running a business and can't let things go cheap..

A street sale like the Slingerlands you are looking at should be priced differently. I think your seller wants the most they can get for them and who wouldn't try to get the most for what they have?

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

There is a set on Ebay at the moment being sold by Donn Bonnett... Take a look... Click Here I do not think $1000 is a great price... You would be paying maximum price in my opinion... This is a retail store, so their pricing is higher, even though Donn is a great guy and a straight up seller he is running a business and can't let things go cheap.. A street sale like the Slingerlands you are looking at should be priced differently. I think your seller wants the most they can get for them and who wouldn't try to get the most for what they have? David

Just because I'm bored at work...

The set at bennett's is has a 20" bass...with 13 and 16" toms, 22s are more desirable.

Also, the set in discussion comes with a chrome snare, a set of 15" Zildjians and a nice modern throne.

Posted on 16 years ago

It's always that dilemma if you would pay $1000.00?, personally I would not.. for those sizes anyway...

I could go either way on the extras, they don't sell me on the price...

So is it worth $1,000 for the set with the snare, hats and throne?

Here is another for $850 with a snare and a pedal...

Like I said, the $1000 is the maximum price for the set in my opinion.

We are all looking to get a good deal, and I'm not sure this is a good deal... It is just OK in my opinion

David

Posted on 16 years ago

and to make a long story short I wound up with a 20-12-14 and a matching snare for $60! Now that is a deal!

My student had to have a black set of Pearls and they sold the Slingerlands to me for $60!

That was 20 years ago though....

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here