Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Coronet wood/fiberglass??

4 PC 22,12,13,16 complete with all Pearl hardware and from the factory, not a basement doctor...Is anyone aware of this happening?.I know they dabbled in f/g, but not wood f/g..I,ll try to get pics up, but I have yet to figure out how.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago

I always think of Rosemary Clooney when these drums come up.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfKWimTqWoM"]Rosemary Clooney 1981 Coronet Paper Towels Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

From wayne

4 PC 22,12,13,16 complete with all Pearl hardware and from the factory, not a basement doctor...Is anyone aware of this happening?.I know they dabbled in f/g, but not wood f/g..I,ll try to get pics up, but I have yet to figure out how.

The material from those shells were called "Phenolic", which i believe was wood and fiberglass with a resin that kept it all together..Here's an article about it..

http://www.tbrucewittet.com/2011/04/a-shocking-drum-revelation-not-all-of-those-cheapo-60s-japanese-pearl-drums-were-cheap-in-fact/

Posted on 8 years ago

I've heard stories of Coronets in different materials. Never seen one outside the link in human71's reply. From what I've heard about the phenolic used by Pearl at the time is that it was plastic fibers and resin. From having fixed a couple it looks more like paper and resin to me. Maybe it was sheets or a roll of plastic fibers? Anyway, the attached picture is the inside of a Pearl phenolic shell. for reference... crack and all.

1 attachments
Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Great info, thx for that.Actually, my drums have the exact badge thats on the new Pearl wood/fiberglass shells, except mine say Coronet not Pearl.Its ALL Pearl hardware from top to bottom...I think it is a proto type, but they are heavy and sound beautiful.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here