Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Corder Drum Co.

Here's one you don't see or hear about very often:

A 1980s Corder Drum Co. 9x13 marching drum. Found this in my "stock" yesterday (while looking for something else) and since it was all there I decided to give it some attention. Completely disassembled it, cleaned & polished all parts, replace the snare wires with new ones, and replaced the batter head... looks pretty good!

In a nutshell, the Corder Drum Co. was founded in 1979 when they bought out Fibes (lugs looked familiar, huh?) and built wood shell drums in Alabama for about 10 or 11 years... when they sold out to Darwin Drums (??).

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 10 years ago

i've got a 6.5x14 corder snare. not a bad sounding drum. needs some love. maybe one day I'll get around to making it work.

Posted on 10 years ago

This one sounds fine... I guess ;). I'd never played on a 9x13 snare drum before. My guess is this size was designed for Jr. High schoolers.

Quality-wise, it's OK except for the generic throw-off. That could be better. And, as is the case with "less expensive" equipment, there is no internal tone control.

This came in a large lot of school equipment I picked up a couple summers ago. Just finally now getting down to some of it...

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 10 years ago

Saw that on facebook Bill, ya its cool! When will I see the thermogloss shells?

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago

I'm hunting for corder drums... Need a floor tom!

I have a rogers xp8 12x15 concert tom that may be converted into a floortom with fibes lugs (the rogers hole spacing is just a smidge off).. But I'd rather just find a complete drum, since I still need to find fibes lugs and some hoops

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here