Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Coolest Finish!

This is a very rare Pearl drums finish from the 70's. One of my all time favorites. Hoping to find a kit like this some day!

2 attachments
Get off! Get your f**in' clothes and get off! Right now! Pull the f**in' bus over! -Buddy Rich
Posted on 12 years ago

Very cool! Ancient Egyptian theme. I've never seen that one.

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

Oh... suprising... "The further to forest, the partisans are fatter..." :)

Is it one from real OEM MIJ range??

Posted on 12 years ago

I think it was only made in -75 and I've only seen it in Europe, maybe it was an exclusive for that market!

Get off! Get your f**in' clothes and get off! Right now! Pull the f**in' bus over! -Buddy Rich
Posted on 12 years ago

Very cool, Never seen that either.

It also would be perfect for a Bangles tribute band.

Posted on 12 years ago

This wrap was custom made for Steve Martin, when he was working on his King Tut routine. I don't think he ever used it; the drums and banjo never worked well together and the 1970's television cameras, couldn't pick up the detail well enough, to make it worthwhile. It was a long way from the arrow through the head anyway, so the wrap just got lost in the(Egyptian) sands of time.

Posted on 12 years ago

From eamesuser

Very cool, Never seen that either.It also would be perfect for a Bangles tribute band.

i could see vicki p with a finish like that.

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 12 years ago

From calfskin

This wrap was custom made for Steve Martin, when he was working on his King Tut routine. I don't think he ever used it; the drums and banjo never worked well together and the 1970's television cameras, couldn't pick up the detail well enough, to make it worthwhile. It was a long way from the arrow through the head anyway, so the wrap just got lost in the(Egyptian) sands of time.

That's some awesome drum trivia right there!

Posted on 12 years ago

From Lingontega

This is a very rare Pearl drums finish from the 70's. One of my all time favorites. Hoping to find a kit like this some day!

Pictures are of my kit that i posted on Pearldrummersforum. The kit i bought on German ebay back in 2010 and are fiberglass shells. It is the only Egyptian finish kit i have seen with fiberglass shells. I have seen 4 other kits but they are wood/fiberglass. Sizes are 13,14,18,24. And sorry it is not for sale and will never be for sale :) Good luck on your search :)

Posted on 6 years ago

From Lingontega

I think it was only made in -75 and I've only seen it in Europe, maybe it was an exclusive for that market!

I think they offered this finish a couple of years back in the 70's. And Mapex actually had a snare with this finish in the 90's!! It is not true that the finish is just offered in Europe because i bought a kit with this finish from Australia last year.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here