Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Complete 1950s set up, gretsch and zildjian

SOLD

Long story short, this kit was given to my brother and I by my grandpa when we were young teens, it suffered a lot of abuse from us and our friends. I never play it, and I do not have children to pass it on to, so it's better suited in a collectors hands.

Pictures are a bit vague, should you be seriously interested, just ask for more. The worst of the damage to the shells is to the rings on the bass. The actual color is in overall good condition, and all I did for pictures was a simple dusting, i'm not trying to hide anything. Bearing edges on toms have some slight imperfections

Silver starlight sparkle Gretsch round badge kit:

[LIST]

[*]20" Kick

[*]12" High tom

[*]14" floor tom

[*]14x4 Ludwig snare, 8 lugs

[/LIST]

Zildjian K series USA made cymbals:

[LIST]

[*]12" hi hats

[*]15" crash (in bad shape)

[*]12" splash (key holed and cracked)

[*]20" ride

[/LIST]

Hardware, most has some sort of tape on it or has modern nuts/bolts to replace lost parts:

[LIST]

[*]WFL Speed king bass pedal

[*]WFL Speed king hi hat stand (just my luck, the original clutch broke when taking it apart. Pictured)

[*]Slingerland crash stand

[*]Splash stand and L bracket are modern Gretsch parts

[*]Premier "made in england" snare stand

[*]Ride stand, unmarked

[*]Throne, unmarked but matches ride stand. Rivets on wood blew out, young me wrapped it in duct tape unfortunately and it's stuck to the fabric

[*]Extra unmarked 3 tier cymbal stand, i've never used it and it has some very old tape from gramps

[*]Extra snare stand, unmarked and wing nut for legs is messed up

[*]Extra hardware and various stuff as pictured, I have no idea what most of it is for. The muffler is for the floor tom, and round badge is for bass.

[*]"House of quality" hard shell cases

[/LIST]

It's a bit hard to put a value on this since there is so much. I do not want to put on feeBay but that may be the best test of value if I let it go to a bid war. Under no circumstances will I separate any of this.

$4150 shipped

I am in southeast Michigan

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/53rBS1K

Posted on 3 years ago

Bump and price update. This ad will be removed by the weekend if no one buys

Posted on 3 years ago

I'm not in the market, but nice setup. Very special color too.

I admired the broken crash, as well. Looks like something Gary Mallaber would have liked.

Good luck with the sale!

Posted on 3 years ago

Number 9 number 9 number 9

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 3 years ago

yea You have a pretty awesome 1955 or earlier 3 ply RB 20/12/14....

Comparable to new Broadkaster Series today

the stands, the cymbals, the Ludwig snare drum; could all be sold as separate 'lots..

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 3 years ago

could call up Blair n' Drums...He's in Michigan (and here..

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here