Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Cocktail Kits - Resale Value

I'm trying to get some additional information regarding the resale "value" (if any) of vintage cocktail kits. I received some valuable information (as usual) regarding these types of kits from fellow forum members some time ago. However, I'm wondering if I'd get a decent return on my investment when it came time to sell a kit in this configuration.

For example, if I paid in the area of $300 for a 60s Slingerland Silver Sparkle Cocktail Kit (with drum, pedal, snare wires, muffler, cymbal L-Arm and mounting hardware and Zil-Bel with mounting hardware) in really nice shape, both cosmetically and functionally, and chose to sell it a few years down the road, would its value increase, decrease, or remain the same? I guess I'm wondering if there's actually a market for these types of kits.

THANKS in advance for any and all input!Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

I'd guess it would go up a bit, as vintage drums, in general, seem to be rising, but not drastically. If you're buying it just as an investment, there are probably better places to put your money.

There's a group of folks that use and collect those drums.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here