Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

cob 400

i just started working this vintage score, ive had it for a while just last week took it out of box and i think shes a beaut !! haze is polish man i see why u need dent busters with brass its so touchy around muffler and strainer a few lugs also this will take some time i love a challenge something to do over xmas

1 attachments
April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

Gary when you get the chance pics man pics !!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

polished and looking good for a beat up cob 400

3 attachments
April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

Hey Gary, here's some 'motivation' to get your COB up and running!

My 'COB Daily Double'

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/PurdieShuffle/cdd_zps55c3d139.jpg[/IMG]

They are amazing drums. The sooner you get that sucker back together, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy what few drummers get to enjoy... vintage COB Ludwig drums at their best.

It's coming out really nice! Git R' Done! Guitar Dude Man

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

jaghog- you`ve got a good start to this project and soft mallet those dings out and she`ll be as good as new.It just doesn`t get much better than that when it comes to those cob 400`s.Best of luck with your project.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

will the cob hoops be the same through the 60's?

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 10 years ago

has any one tried dent buster im going there this week !

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 10 years ago

Gary - This is what I use on any dented metal shells:

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/stream-line-wedge-comma-dolly-211-p-12269.aspx

If you prep the job properly and you're careful, you won't be able to find where the dent was after you tap out the shell with one of these. It's a job you can do yourself.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

John I have the set with hammers and dolly's I've done it before on a old dyna, I've been looking at all different ways for removal of dents for brass instrument they r saying magnets FOR WIND AND EVEN SUCTION FOR SHELLS and some dent buster use suction

, also its noted on sound change for brass when its dented...(that could raise a interesting point)...

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here