Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Coated heads with no logo?

Does anyone know of any high quality (equivalent of Remo, Evans, Aquarian,etc) coated white heads that I can use for a front bass head?

It is always an eye-sore to have the Remo logo on the front bass drum heads , along with a vintage style logo.

If none exist, is there any way to remove the logo...perhaps paint thinner?

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago

Hi PK Drums,

I have removed the REMO logo off my smooth white bass drum head with nail polish remover. It comes right off! Unfortunately, I have yet to try it on a coated white REMO head. I'm afraid that it may smudge the black letters and look horrible. If you have an old coated REMO head from a tom or snare, you may want to experiment on that with the nail polish remover and see what happens? Good Luck!

Ludwig Dude

Posted on 17 years ago

As Mr Dude pointed out some kind of ethanol (like nail polish) works on smooth heads (also does a passable job getting logos off cymbals).

After advice from a drum shop guy I tried something described in Sweden in the local language as "glue remover" (which smells pretty much like nail polish).

Going very, very gently at it I managed to get rid most of the black but also the majority of the white coating - a passable though far from ideal solution.

Smooth heads seem to be the go for the moment - but if anyone hears of generic coated heads, I'm also curious to hear. Damn this obsession with branding. Now, when I was a lad.......

D

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here