Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Club dates- true or false?

True or False

Black lacquer is the least desirable finish on club date kits.

Posted on 15 years ago

False.

There's no such thing as a "least desirable" finish. Some people will like the look and others won't. Personally, I love black lacquer.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Eh...I sorta disagree. I mean, IMHO, one doesn't associate a nice, vintage Clubdate kit with a black lacquer finish.

So....least desirable..? I dunno if I would phrase it that way. But....

'not as classic'...'not as sought-after'....

Certainly.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Maybe...Maybe not. No one person's tastes represent everybody else's tastes. Plus, tastes change with the times. Black lacquer was a finish option that Ludwig offered for awhile, so, unless we are talking about using black lacquer as a choice for a modern re-paint, I think that black is going to be a decent choice for a desirable finish. To me, black always looks good. It really sets off the chrome. And, a lacquer finish means that the shell's diameter is slightly less than that of a wrapped drum. This means that the heads are more likely to "float" and not bind against the side of the shell -which was somewhat problematic with some vintage wrapped drums.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I have to chime in here, Black Lacquer always does look good, classic.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here